Monday, January 28, 2013

In the Pursuit of Fabulous- Barbie Forest Red Lenses

Hello Lovelies!
   
  Today I am back doing a review of Barbie Forest Red Lenses from Uniqso . These are my first red lenses and to be honest, I was a bit hesitant to purchase them since I didn't think that I would be able to wear them on a regular basis. Yes, red lenses are fantastic for parties, Halloween, shows, cons or even cosplay in but I want to purchase lenses that I can wear every day if I want to. But needless, to say I have fallen head over heels in love with these beautiful lenses. I couldn't believe how stunning they were in the vials and when I wore them. I used them for while I was creating a couple of Valentine's Day looks (which I will be posting tutorials for in the next couple of days). But on with the review...

Barbie Forest Red Lenses are my new love...


Enlargement-9.5 out of 10 bats
  These lenses make my eyes look HUGE and I love that. They are a whopping 16.5mm but strangely enough they didn't make me look freaky or unnatural (which I don't mind but I know that a lot of people do).

Color and Design- 9.5 out of 10 bats
  As I mentioned earlier, I was really on the fence about purchasing red lenses for everyday wear but these really won me over. I love red lenses now. The red is really pigmented without being over the top and obviously a cosplay lens. You can wear these everyday and not have people wonder if you are an extra in a horror movie being filmed locally. The red color and design of this lens not only shows up really well against my dark eyes but compliments them nicely. The pattern even gives it a more "natural" look that some of the "natural colored" lenses I have.

Comfort- 9 out of 10 bats
   Barbie lenses are the most comfortable lenses I own currently. I don't have issues with them taking time to "settle" on my eyes which may cause them to have hazy spots or the irritating floating lens syndrome which always happens to only one eye. I am able to just put them on and apply my makeup which is what I want in a lens. I have worn theses lenses for eight hours with no problems. Probably anything longer than that keep some eye drops handy.

Overall- 9.5 out of 10
    To put it simply, these lenses kick ass. Not only do they enlarge your eyes, but they are extremely natural looking while doing it. The color and design stand up well against dark eyes and look AMAZINGLY natural for a red lens. Finally comfort is key, they are excellent for long wear without drying your eyes out too much. If you are looking to try a new lens color that is different than the regular blue, green and grey then try these. Don't be afraid to try red lenses, I think that you will be just as pleasantly surprised and as pleased as I was.

Coming Soon...Valentine's Day Makeup Tutorial and an Anti-Valentine's Day Makeup Tutorial using these lenses.

Don't forget about my giveaway here on blogger/Facebook which ends on 2/13 and if you follow me on Facebook you can also enter my Tim Burton inspired contest which ends on 2/22!

Until next time my dears...

No comments:

Post a Comment