Thursday, January 3, 2013

Velma from Scooby Doo Themed look

Hello my lovelies!

    Two days and two posts, I am on a roll! To kick off 2013 I decided to start it off with a bang by doing my first themed series, Scooby Doo. I love Scooby Doo and it was my favorite cartoon when I was little. I remember waking up early on Saturday mornings watching anxiously to see what  monster Scooby and the gang would unmask. My kids got a ton of Scooby Doo movies from their grandparnets and we have been enjoying our Scooby Doo marathons. Who better to kick off this themed look other than Velma Dinkley. She is the smartest of the bunch and usually solves the mystery first (sometimes with the help of Daphne and Fred) and helps motivate the group with the offer of Scooby Snacks. I think that smart is sexy so I went with a sexier/edgier look for Velma who is often portrayed as a "nerd" but I went for a more natural look lash-wise cause honestly you can't have huge dramatic lashes behind those glasses without them getting in the way. Since things have been horribly gray and overcast here the coloring is off since the main color on the lid is flamepoint, a brilliant bright orange color which only appears a different shade of red in the images.  I will have to recreate this look on a brighter day to see if the orange stays true to color. But one with the pictures.

Velma Dinkley
  Well I hope that you enjoyed this look and I hope to see more of you. As always feel free to comment and follow.
   Until next time my dears...

No comments:

Post a Comment