Monday, May 12, 2014

In the Pursuit of Fabulous: Review of Glamour Doll Eyes

   *Gift*

Hello Lovelies!
    Welcome back!  Today I am doing a review on another lovely indie company, Glamour Doll Eyes. Vee , the owner, posted in the indie group that I frequent that she was offering up blogger review packs for her products so naturally I jumped at the chance. She was kind enough to allow me to choose the five colors that I wanted and after a super quick email they were on their way to me.  They arrived in record time and like a little kid on her birthday I tore into the package to check out the goodies that arrived!


Fiji Mermaid 

   Fiji Mermaid is described as "this greenish blue tells the story of a commonly used sideshow act. The Fiji Mermaid is alive and real with green shimmer undertones, reminiscent of scales."

The first color I was immediately drawn to was Fiji Mermaid cause honestly if you stick mermaid on the end of anything you INSTANTLY have my attention but when you take a look at it you will instantly know why I had to have it.



Tattooed
Tattooed is described as a " bright blue mixed with a gorgeous shimmery purple."

   I have recently been on a blue kick lately with my makeup so I was drawn to Tattooed immediately as well. I was intrigued by the description of it being a  "unque blend of matte and shimmer" which made me think of bright bold color with a hint of sparkle.





Blue Ribbon


Blue Ribbon is described as a great medium to deep royal blue color. At first this may look like a  matte color but it's more sheen when it's on."

  Like I mentioned, I am on a blue kick and I don't think that I currently can get enough of them and it seems that in my collection only had either light or dark blues and I was missing a lot of nice medium tones. The name of the color fits perfectly since it makes me picture a big blue ribbon that the best apple pie has won in the fair.



Undead


Undead is described as "a black with red undertones/ sheen, however, some have said that is has a maroonish color to it."

Just like how if you stick the word mermaid on the end of the color you instantly have my attention the same goes for undead/monster/zombie references. I am a huge horror fan and being a goth mommy I really can't have enough colors that are what I would consider part of the vamp color scheme.





S & M is described as a "dark purple (nearly black) with blue and green sheen & silver sparkle"

  S & M caught my eye since I can really never have enough purple in my collection. It is a gorgeous dark purple with  hints of blue, green and silver sparkles. It makes me think of concord grapes with a touch of sparkle.


Taylor



Taylor is described as a "rich red with medium sheen that rubs down to an intense, almost metallic pink"

   When you add the word "metallic" to any description you instantly have my attention. I would have to say that is this more of a metallic red than metallic pink but either way it is simply a gorgeous color.

  I dunno if you are like me, while product pictures are great, I also want to see swatches and looks where the product was used. So your wish is my command....




Over NYX Milk taken indoors with Flash

Over NYX Milk in Natural Light

And of course I always like to see how the product is used in looks... So here are some looks done with the colors (and there are also some other GDE shadows used in one look but the reviewed shadows are marked with an *)

Done with Sword Swallower (GDE), Fiji Mermaid* (GDE), Blue Ribbon * (GDE), 


Done with Disco White (GDE), Taylor* (GDE), Undead* (GDE), S&M * (GDE), Blue Ribbon* (GDE), and Tattooed* (GDE) 

Now finally on to the ratings..

Color/ Pigmentation 9.8 out of 10 bats
  These shadows not only have amazing color and pigmentation but their staying power is incredible. They are vibrant, applied well, blended easily and lasted all day.

Affordability 9.5 out of 10 bats
    I would have to say that Glamour Doll Eyes has excellent pricing as well on their products. Prices start at $1.25 for sample baggies with .5 grams of product. Sample Jars, which is the size that I was sent for this review, are listed at $2.50 for 1 gram of product in a 5 gram jar (which is the average size jar for most indie companies) and finally the Full Size products are $6.00 and are broken down into two options: sifter and no sifter. Sifters have 1.5-2 grams in a 5 gram jar and no sifters have 2-2.5 grams in a 5 gram jar. So you are getting a decent amount of product for the price and GDE often has sales where you can snatch up full size jars for a steal.

Shipping/ Turn Around Time 10 out of 10 bats
   The shipping on this blogger package was fast, while I was waiting for it to arrive GDE had an Easter Sale which I couldn't pass up on. I placed the order early Sunday morning and my packaged was shipped out on Monday. I am impressed when turn around time for an indie company is less than two weeks but shipped out in a day? That is AMAZING.

Customer Service 9.8 out of 10 bats
  As I mentioned earlier, the shipping time was simply incredible. I was super lucky to catch the fact that I had ordered a duplicate shadow by accident on my Easter purchase so I messaged Vee immediately asking if I could switch out the duplicate for a different color. ( I list the larger collection of my shadows by company on a spreadsheet to prevent this and after that incident I have created one for GDE) She didn't ever bat an eye and was super sweet about the whole thing and shipping the correct color and the rest of my order off the next day was incredible.

Overall 9.8 out of 10 bats
  I am extremely impressed with Glamour Doll Eyes. Not only is the product fantastic with color and pigmentation and the price is extremely fair, but the shipping and turn around time are just out of this world! As I mentioned earlier when I placed an order only to have it shipped out the very next day. Color me impressed. And the customer service can't be beat since Vee was super sweet and understanding when I asked if she could switch out a color that I accidentally ordered a duplicate of. Needless to say, I will be placing another order with Glamour Doll  Eyes in the future and I highly recommend them as well.




Until next time Lovelies!




1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! Adding this to a list of brands I NEED. I neeeeed fiji mermaid in my life! I love the rest of the colors too. How on earth am I supposed to pick??

    ReplyDelete