Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review of Classy Chick Cosmetics.

Hello Lovelies!
    I just recently ventured into the YouTube realm with some slide tutorials. However since I do a good portion of my makeup reviews and tutorials at night since my little Dreadfuls are sleeping so I need to purchase some daylight bulbs for filming. So until then, I have to stick to slideshow videos and written reviews. I will still continue this blog to supplement the tutorials and reviews since most of the videos we be rather short. But anyways, I just did a tutorial (which can be found here ) featuring a company called Classy Chick Cosmetics and here is the review to go along with tutorial.
     Classy Chick Cosmetics is an independent makeup company based off of Etsy. It is one woman operation run out Taylor, Michigan by a lovely lady named Cassidy. The company specializes in mainly eye and lip products but she is venturing into the nail department with five new polishes that scheduled to be released and a variety of colored nail beads. Here are some swatches of her gorgeous colors.

Pigment swatches taken in daylight with no flash

Lip Glaze/Gloss Swatches taken in daylight with no flash

While I love seeing swatches of pigment colors, I also want to see the makeup "put to work" in a look. So I did just that and here are some looks created with the pigments.

Done with Shady Lady, Strawberry Wine, Pink a Blue and Wedding Day



Done with Shady Lady, Butter Me Up, Sea Mist and Super Nova

And now on with the ratings..

Color Variety-9 out of 10 bats
   As an independent company, Classy Chick keeps a nice stock of colors with several collections available. She has a nice balance of bold and neutral colors to make everyone happy. She also has a couple of individual pressed shadows and two quad palettes.

Color Pigmentation-9 out of 10 bats
   The pigmentation of her products really amazed me. Like most people, when opening up a lighter color I tend to think that I am going to have to really layer it on for the lighter color to be just a bold as the darker ones. Not with these pigments. The lighter colors are just as pigmented as their bolder and darker counterparts. There is just the right balance of shimmer and matte in these shades and one doesn't overpower the other.

Affordability-9 out of 10 bats
   I have to say that Classy Chick Cosmetics is very affordable. Her pigments run $6.00 per pigment in a 5 gram jar which is about average on Etsy. Her glosses range from $6.00 to $9.00 depending on the packaging that you chose.  Her quad palettes are $25 whether if you pick from one of the two collection palettes or a create you own palette. So overall , I think that the quality is definitely worth the price listed.

Overall-9 out of 10 bats
   Classy Chick Cosmetics is another one of the up and coming independent cosmetic companies. Her color variety is excellent catering to both the bright and bold makeup lovers and the die heart neutral fanatics. The color pigmentation is excellent no matter if the color is light and shimmer or darker and more matte. Finally the price just can't be beat for the quality of makeup that you are receiving.  I am extremely pleased with my makeup from Classy Chick and I look forward to see what she has in store for the future.

If you want to purchase from Classy Chick Cosmetics you can do so from here.
You can also find Classy Chick on Facebook and her up to date specials and sneak peeks at collection here.
You can also see my tutorial using Classy Chick Cosmetics here.

Until next time my dears..


No comments:

Post a Comment